We are happy to announce that www.tripbarker.com is now on Open Alpha. This means that we are now ready to accept users to test the main features of Trip Barker. However, as the site is still under heavy development, please expect some bugs and issues which we hope you’ll let us know of by posting it in http://community.tripbarker.com or by emailing us at [email protected].
The following features are now ready for use:
- Trip/Transit Planning for Metro Manila. – Just type in your origin and destination and Trip Barker will recommend one or more routes for you to get to your destination using Mass Transit and Public Utility Vehicles. For example, the link below is a proposed trip plan from our offices in Eastwood Cyberpark, Quezon City to the SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City. http://www.tripbarker.com/main.php?f=14.6088547,121.07978879999996&t=14.5351365,120.9842741
- Click on “Routes” to find different route options for you to choose from.
- Click on “Directions” to get the step by step guide for your trip along with an estimate on how much the trip will cost.
- Traffic Reports – Once you have a transit route plotted, Trip Barker will provide you real-time traffic reports to let you know of how much traffic there is along your planned route. Moderate to Heavy traffic areas will automatically appear on the map, while clicking the “Incidents” and “Traffic” tabs will list down a summary of traffic-related events along your route.
- Points of Interest – This button allows you to search for establishments or points of interest along your route. For example clicking on “restaurants” will display restaurants that you will be passing by during your commute. This service is offered in partnership with PhilippineCompanies.com, one of the country’s largest business directory and locator
- Events – Trip Barker has partnered with Giegz.com in providing the latest events, sales, concerts and more to Trip Barker users. Just click the Events tab and choose the type of event you’re interested in and Trip Barker will plot it in your map!
- Trip Barker For Mobile – Registering with Trip Barker and visiting the site via your mobile phone will unlock even more features for you to use.
- The trip planner now defaults to your current location as detected via GSM/Wifi Triangulation or via GPS.
- If you are a registered Trip Barker user, you now have the ability to report incidents, traffic, and weather conditions from your current position. You are also able to create a new point of interest (i.e. your favorite coffee shop) or promote an event you’ll be attending. These reports are then shared to ALL other Trip Barker visitors!
We are currently developing even more features for Trip Barker that we hope to release in the coming weeks:
- Trip Barker Achievements and Points – Earn achievements and points by using Trip Barker regularly and by helping us provide provide real-time data on Traffic, Weather, and Points of Interest and Events across the Metro. Earning more points will allow you to unlock special avatars and achievements that will acknowledge your valuable contributions to the Trip Barker Community.
- Trip Barker for Android – Get even more features such as Trip Logging by downloading our upcoming Android App.
- Trip Barker API – Create your own apps using Trip Barker data by accessing our API.